There are movies that just... tug at your heartstrings and make you look around and see if somebody cut onions *sniff*. *grumbles* stupid onions make my eyes watery. Saturday I was attempting to reorganize my DVD and Blu-Ray collection and came across some movies that instantly created that all too familiar tug and I became a bit sentimental. I want to share with you my top five tearjerker movies!
1. Big Fish. Every. Single. Time. I bawl. Edward Bloom is on his deathbed and is retelling his adventure in life. His son is extremely impatient with his tall tales but in the end? How tall were the tales?
|They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.|
2. An Affair to Remember. Cary Grant + Deborah Kerr = Swoon. I watched this with my mom and I am not sure if it's the story or if it's the memories of my mom, but An Affair to Remember gets me super teary eyed.
3. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Okay, LOTR isn't one you would typically see on a list of tearjerkers but I would counter it and say that you are not human if the final speech doesn't make you emotional. There's nothing like watching Aragorn's coronation, Arwen showing herself and then when everybody is bowing to him, he turns to the Hobbits and tells them "My friends, you bow to no one" and the kingdom bows down to four unassuming Hobbits.
4. The Green Mile. Both the book and the movie left me speechless. The entire cast was perfect. John Coffey is the heart of it all.
5. The Notebook. No list is complete without the Notebook.
As soon as I hit publish, I will be thinking "Oh man, I should have made this TEN!" and then "Oh man! I should have added X movie and Y movie". These are in no particular order and limiting myself to five was a miracle.