This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#APlusValues
I am really, really glad that summer is "officially" over and our temperatures are staying under 100. Whew. After pretty much hibernating all summer and it being TOO hot to do much of anything, the fall cool down is a nice respite and also time to get fall cleaning done- especially after all the major monsoon storms we have had recently. I also have two goals I would like to achieve before next summer. My first goal is to be able to purchase a patio home and my second goal is to be able to have enough work that I can leave my 9-to-5 job and work 100% from home. Both require a lot of sacrifices and using grocery coupons on items I am going to buy anyways.
Every little bit adds up!
I headed over to Target on my way home from work on Friday (I locked my keys inside my car while I was shopping.... that's a story for ANOTHER day) and stocked up on some Soft Scrub and Purex detergent
I have a HUGE pile of laundry (blankets, towels, etc.) to do and I am trying to do a lot of deep cleaning and down sizing throughout my apartment.
I haven't been able to get as much done with the monsoon rains taking out our laundry room at my apartment complex. Boo!
|This is the aftermath. It was completely flooded. Welcome to Phoenix! It's a dry heat...lol|
You know when you move- you're always amazed at how things have multiplied and how much cleaning you have to do on an empty place? Yeah. I am trying to prepare and prevent the insanity. Fall cleaning here I come!
How am I doing this?
1. I am doing one closet per week. This week has been my stock closet. I am going through and getting rid of anything that we can get rid of (i.e., my daughter is potty trained and she doesn't need her pull ups anymore. Donate!).
2. Going through all our bedding. Emma has blankets from her hospitalization 10 years ago. Time to donate those baby blankets and the ones we ARE keeping- I am washing in Purex (my favorite!) and putting everything into storage containers and going into my patio storage.
3. Paperwork and photographs. It's out of control. I have all of Emma's medical records, the court records (against the person who abused her), her school papers, my medical records, the boxes of documents and photographs from my parents' home after they passed. Time to organize!
|The bottom shelf (you can't see it) is full of boxes upon boxes of photos. Help meeeeeeeeeeeee!|
4. Deep scrub room by room with Soft Scrub! (And KEEP them scrubbed)
I plan to achieve these three by Thanksgiving. *Wish me luck!*
I've also got to pinch a lot of pennies! I am paying down a lot of my recurring bills (credit cards, etc.) and trying to get a nice savings in place.
How am I achieving this?
1. More writing jobs. Each one I get, I put the payment in savings and use my salary from work to pay my bills and live on.
3. PENNY PINCHING!!!
4. No more spending frivolously!
Right now, Henkel A+ Values has an amazing promotion going on with the products you already know and trust, such as Dial, Renuzit, Soft Scrub, Purex, etc.