This Nacho Tacos recipe and shop has been compensated by Albertsons. All opinions are mine alone. #StockUpOnPace #CollectiveBias #Albertsons
I think tacos, burritos and nachos deserve their own food group. Don't you? I love crispy, crunchy taco shells, seasoned meat, fresh veggies and cheese all wrapped stuffed into one shell. Then there's the nacho- crunchy chips and spicy queso. Of course, the burrito. Get the entire food pyramid in one tortilla. Genius.
Some days, I want tacos. Some days, it's all about the nachos. Or burritos. Then there are those crazy days where I refuse to choose and eat them all. At once. Well, kinda. That's how the idea for Nacho Tacos came to life. Nacho Tacos, they're MINE and I ain't sharing. *giggles*
When I made this recipe, I was euphoric. I love making queso with Pace Picante sauce, onions, seasoning, and cheese.
I take a little short cut by putting in the slow cooker on low until melted to smooth and cheesy perfection.
To assemble, I spread refried beans over soft taco sized tortillas (you may have to trim them down if they're too large)
Fold the tortilla around the shell and BAM! NACHO TACOOOOOOOOOO!
Did I get a little carried away?
Naaaaaaaah! Never! Inconceivable.
1 16 ounce jar of salsa (I like Pace Picante in HOT. )
1 lb of processed cheese, cut into cubes
2 cups of shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1 onion diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp chili powder
1. Saute onion and garlic in a little bit of oil over medium heat until softened. Add chili powder and thoroughly coat onions.
2. Add all the cheese, salsa, and onion to your slow cooker and cook on low until melted. Mine takes an hour or so but be sure to watch closely to prevent burning and stir occasionally.
Taco meat filling
Crunchy corn taco shells
Soft taco sized flour tortillas
Toppings: lettuce, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, etc.
1. Layer flour tortilla with refried beans
2. Fill crunchy taco with meat filling, nacho cheese and desired toppings.
3. Place taco in center of flour tortilla and fold the tortilla around the shell.
BAM! NACHO TACOS!
What are your favorite taco toppings?
Are you a taco, burrito or nacho person?