Last week was such an awesome week.
On Monday, I took my brother to the VA hospital to see his doctor and it was a chance to see a friend of mine who moved from my hometown in Kansas to Phoenix.
The doctors I work for hosted their open house and it was an amazing success. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this gem.
We also went live with nuclear medicine.
It was a VERY long but GOOD week. It was 50+ hours at work but it was worth it to see everything go off without a hitch. Yay!
Of course, no weekend is complete without some good old fashioned comfort food. I made spinach meatballs that I simmered in Ragu and served over spaghetti.
I've been trying to get more veggies into our diets and why not put spinach in a meatball? It came out DELISH.
They're super easy to make.
And they taste INCREDIBLE.
1/2 lb of Italian sausage (hot, mild or sweet- whatever YOU like)
1/2 lb of ground beef
10 oz bag of frozen spinach (thawed and drained well)
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup of diced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Jar of favorite pasta sauce
Spaghetti noodles (or your favorite pasta!)
1. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well mixed.
2. Roll in desired meatball size
3. Preheat skillet over medium with enough olive oil to coat the bottom
4. Place meatballs in skillet and cook until each side is browned (this part goes really fast and you don't have to have them cooked 100%)
5. Remove from skillet to a clean plate.
6. Drain excess oil from pan.
7. Place meatballs back into pan and cover with pasta sauce on low. Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
6. While meatballs are cooking, prepare pasta according to directions on package.
How was your last week?
How do you sneak in veggies?
There is a sweeps contest running on Food. com. The contest is titled Ready. Set. Cook! and it challenges home cooks to create new and unique recipes featuring Ragu sauce plus a set list of other ingredients. Head on over if you're interested in entering!
Want to enter to win $25 Paypal Cash?
Winner must reply to notification email within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen
Winner must be 19+ and located in North America.
a Rafflecopter giveaway