Anybody who knows me, knows that I am a huge fan of the dystopian genre. Books, movies, tv series and comics- if it's dystopian, I will become obsessed. When I first read the Hunger Games, I was enthralled and needed more. I read them so quickly that I had to find something to entertain me *cough* reading fan fiction *cough* *cough* and then the movies came out. Whoooooooooo. Stick a fork in me, I am DONE. They are so good and my homegirl, JLaw, killllllls it as Katniss.
In the finale, Katniss teams up with her closest friends, Gale, Finnick and Peeta and embarks on a mission from District 13. They risk their lives to liberate the citizens of Panem and stage an assassination attempt on President Snow. President Snow's obsession with destroying Katniss has continued to increase in intensity. The mortal traps, enemies and moral choices that await her, challenge her more than any arena she faced in The Hunger Games.
My friends and I are such fangirls (Oh My Peeta & Gale...) and what better way to celebrate the finale then by rewatching Part 1 and eating fun Hunger Games themed food with other
Prior to watching the movie, we even played Hunger Games trivia games. The winner? Didn't become a tribute. What? You thought I would give a prize, didn't you? Just kidding. I gave the person who answered the most questions right a Fandango gift card to go see the finale. Yeahhh... I'm a decent friend.
The Hunger Games Feast consisted of:
1. A creamy chevre (goat cheese) with honey. Prim's gift to Katniss on reaping day was basil wrapped goat cheese.
2. Nightlock berries. Blueberries soaked in sugar overnight to create a sinfully sweet and lethal treat. The juice of the nightlock berry is so toxic (like hemlock) that the person drinking/eating it dies within seconds.
Eat if you dare.
3. Apples drizzled with honey. Katniss' District 12 food from home. So delicious topped with goat cheese.
4. Peeta (Pita) Chips. Because... Peeta. Spread goat cheese over the chips and top with nightlock berries or apples.
5. Finally. Katniss' hunted squirrels (Okay, okay... meatballs but her arrow is still in them...) with a honey mustard sauce.
Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe:
1/4 cup honey
⅓ cup dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Put all the ingredients into a jar.
2. Shake until well blended.
3. Refrigerate at least two hours and enjoy!
I-C is hosting a contest through which your readers can enter to win one of 5 $100 Fandango gift cards to purchase tickets for Mockingjay – Part 2.
Will you be seeing the Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2?