This creamy slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs recipe is one of those simple yet delicious recipes that just soothes the soul and makes you feel so satisfied.
For me, it reminds me of elementary school and the bomb lunches we had.
Thank you to Ragu for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me pass on my favorite way to make creamy slow cooker spaghetti & meatballs!
I am going to admit it- I loved school lunches when I was kid. There. I said it.
I grew up in a small town in Kansas and man, our lunches were GOOD. My favorites were chicken & noodles over mashed potatoes, spaghetti and then the no-bake cookies. Oh man, I'd totally go back and eat right now if I knew the lunches were still good. Or maybe, I am just being a romantic. Ha.
I have been making spaghetti in the crockpot for a long time. I prefer the way the spaghetti noodles absorb the pasta sauce- for me the texture is perfect. If you've ever had baked spaghetti (which is how our lunch ladies made our spaghetti!), then this is pretty much the same- just in the crock! Phoenix is already hitting triple digits and I'd just rather not heat up my apartment. Kthxbai.
I won't lie... this slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs isn't the prettiest but it's delish. It's one of my daughter's favorites, too. It's easy and perfect for those lazy weekends when you don't want to do anything too complicated but you also want leftovers for work.
I usually use Ragu jarred pasta sauce and when I learned they have a new Homestyle sauce, I had to try it. I am so glad I did. It's SO good! It's super thick, chunky and flavorful. I have a stockpile of Ragu but I definitely am adding more Ragu Homestyle. It is really incredible! I bought each flavor to try:
Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
Homestyle Thick and Hearty Meat Sauce
Homestyle Thick and Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
Homestyle Thick and Hearty Mushroom Sauce
In this recipe, I used the Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce. It was a fantastic choice!
Here's the recipe:
Creamy Slow Cooker Spaghetti & Meatballs
24 small meatballs (you can use homemade or premade thawed frozen meatballs- that's your choice! I like pork/beef mixed meatballs)
16 ounces of spaghetti (I don't recommend using thin spaghetti or it will be mushy!), broken (or leave whole if you'd like)
1 jar of Ragu Homestyle in your favorite flavor (or any of your favorite sauce!)
4 cups of low sodium beef broth
1 block of cream cheese, cut into pieces
1. Drizzle olive oil in a small layer on bottom of crock to prevent sticking (You can also use cooking spray or a liner)
2. Pour 1/4 of jar of pasta sauce on bottom of crock
3. Put spaghetti on top of sauce (we're layering here!). Broken spaghetti makes it easier and keeps noodles even.
4. Pour remaining pasta sauce over noodles.
5. Add cream cheese
6. Pour beef broth
7. Add meatballs on top.
8. Place lid- cook on low for 5 hours.
Trust me, the noodles will absorb all the liquid into delicious flavorful spaghetti.
Want to win $20 Paypal Cash?
First the rules:
Must be 18+, resident of the US. Ends June 6th. winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond.
How to enter:
1. Mandatory: Visit Ragu and let me know which flavor you would like to try in a comment WITH your email address
1. Share on Twitter: Check out this awesome recipe @JaneLovesStuff & Enter to win $20 Paypal at http://bit.ly/1TcOzmT (Leave a comment with link)
2. Share on Twitter: This is how you make pasta sauce @Ragu @JaneLovesStuff https://ooh.li/06d18a0 ad (Leave a comment with link)
3. Share this post on any of your favorite social media channels and leave me a link!
4. Want to follow me? Extra entries if you follow or visit me on Twitter, Facebook (visit), Instagram or Pinterest (Just let me know your user name!)