We're all in serious trouble right now. Okay. Maybe not all us but it can't just be me. Why? Because... holidays. Holidays mean yummy eats. We all know that the blogosphere, recipe sites and magazines will be sharing all the delicious recipes, right?!
Forgive me, my friends.
This easy Halloween bark is soooooo good. It's also super easy. It's perfect for kids to help. Oh and did I mention it's easy?! It's EASY!!!!
This batch isn't the prettiest but it's real. I let my daughter help me make it and it was perfect.
She tends to like to put everything in the middle and not spread it out and that's totally okay. Some of the candy wasn't put down before the chocolate start softening and didn't set. It was such a fun project to do together and include the kids!
How to make this Super Easy Halloween Bark Recipe:
Various candy in Halloween colors (we used Reese's Pieces, M&M White Chocolate Candy Corn, and Candy Indian Corn)
Halloween sprinkles! (Add colors!)
11 oz bag of White chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli's)
10 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (again, same brand as white chocolate chips)
2 tbs butter
Microwave safe bowls
1. Put all the candy in Hefty® Slider Bags to have ready.
2. Place parchment paper on the bottom of cookie sheet.
3. Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips with 1 tbsp of butter in the microwave (you can use the double boiler method). It only takes 1-1 1/2 minutes to melt.
4. Spread the melted chocolate on the parchment paper.
5. Place a single layer of pretzels on the chocolate and spread with spatula. Place in fridge to allow to harden a bit
6. Melt the white chocolate with remaining tbsp of butter- same method as semi-sweet chocolate.
7. Spread over the top of the pretzels with spatula into an even layer.
8. QUICK!!!! Decorate! Go mad. Wild. Have fun! There are NO rules!
9. Cover and place in fridge to firm up.
10. Break bark (or cut it into pieces).
11. Place into Hefty® Slider Bags and give as gifts, store them, eat them.... the bark is so delicious. The crunch of the pretzels mixed with the sweetness is a fantastic mix!
Need more ideas? Visit Hefty® Slider Bags for some GENIUS ideas!
I grabbed Hefty® Slider Bags at Walmart and you can, too! They're the best value and cost less than Ziploc® slider bags for the same size/type of bag! They're also incredibly strong thanks to the MaxLock® track design
I also am excited to share with my readers this HIGH value offer for Hefty® Slider Bags - save $1.00 now via Ibotta! If you haven't signed up for Ibotta- do it. I earn back an average $25 a month and I am not a heavy user! Head to Walmart, grab Hefty® Slider Bags and save money!