This apple butter cake is the perfect cake that makes you yearn for fall.
Apple Butter is my favorite preserve. I can spread it on EVERYTHING or eat it by the spoonful. I keep telling myself that I am going to learn to make it. It can't be hard. As a matter of fact, learning to can is on my list of goals for 2016 (my post on THOSE goals will be up soon).
So it only makes sense for it to be in a cake. Don't you agree? This apple butter cake makes all the boys come to the yard. Wait. Wrong dessert but maybe, all the boys MIGHT come tot he yard once they get a whiff of this apple butter cake!
Cakes are so easy and I, personally, think they are absolutely perfect. I hope you try this recipe and if you do, let me know! Post a picture of your creation on my Facebook page wall! I would LOVE to see your creation!
Apple Butter Cake Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
2 cups + Apple Butter (I used a whole jar! We love apple butter!)
½ cup flour
½ cup quick oats
1 tsp cinnamon
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅛ tsp salt
¼ cup butter, melted
- Line a sheet cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until they are nice and creamy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the salt, baking powder, and flour and mix.
- Pour the cake mix over the parchment paper.
- Over the cake mix, spoon out your apple butter. Smooth it over evenly across the mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until it is a fine crumble.
- Sprinkle over the apple butter.
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool before cutting. We lightly dusted our cake with powdered sugar. YUM!