This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burger recipe and shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Lately, my sister and I have been experimenting with grilling. Typically our brother or her boyfriend man the grill but you know what? Girl power. It's not that either of us CAN'T grill, it's just that the dudes jump on it and stake a claim as the grill masters.
Grilling is awesome. There's just something about freshly grilled meat and vegetables that just takes the flavor to another level. Burgers in a skillet- meh, they're aight. Burgers on a grill? KILLER!
A few weeks ago, my sister made bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and Em & I inhaled them. Shamelessly. Shortly after, an idea popped into my head that a jalapeno popper burger would be AWESOME. At first, I thought about beef but then, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- ground chicken sounded better.
These jalapeno popper chicken burgers are insane.
The patties consist of ground bacon, ground chicken, ground pickled jalapenos, green onion, cilantro and a little bit of black pepper. The bacon will keep the chicken from drying out and besides.. BACON!!!!!
I decided to use La Morena sliced green pickled jalapeno peppers (which you can find in the Hispanic foods aisle at Walmart) because I needed the juice for the cream cheese, the jalapenos, and they have the pickled carrots in it (which you can just munch on or throw on as a topping).
When the burgers were on the grill, the smell was enough to have the neighborhood drooling. The smell was HEAVENLY.
Okay. Okay. Okay.
On to the recipe, right?
Jalapeno Cream Cheese:
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup (or more or less, to taste) chopped pickled jalapenos
1 tbsp of juice from pickled jalapenos
Sprinkle in some ground garlic (this is to taste)
1. Place all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with an electric mixer until well blended and place in fridge until ready to use.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Burgers
1 lbs of bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 lbs of ground chicken
1 cup sliced green onions
1 cup chopped cilantro
5-6 jalapeno slices
Ground pepper, to taste.
1. Put bacon and jalapenos into a chopper and pulse into bacon and jalapenos are ground to the same texture as the ground chicken.
2. Mix chicken, bacon and jalapenos together in a large bowl.
3. Add cilantro and green onions. Mix well.
4. Form patties to desired size & lightly sprinkle with pepper.
5. Preheat grill.
6. Cook burgers on medium for approximately 6-10 minutes per side (be sure to check with a thermometer that the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees), depending on thickness. Ours were really thick and took about 12 minutes per side.
7. Place on bun, top with cream cheese and desire toppings.
What are your favorite grilled meals?
Which La Morena product would you incorporate into one of your go-to meals to give it an extra flair?