|Disclaimer: I am a Grove Influencer and this post contains affiliate links.|
We may have a few more weeks of winter left, but here in Phoenix- the warmer weather is here. Even if the weather won’t cooperate where you are, cleaning and freshening up the home is one way to welcome spring!
I stick with healthy natural products during my spring cleaning, and my house gets just as clean (or cleaner) than with harsh chemicals. If you want the exact products I’m using, grab this free seasonal set of Mrs. Meyer’s spring soaps + Grove Collaborative glass spray bottle + walnut scrubber sponges from Grove Collaborative! Then use these cleaning tips & tricks to invite spring into your home.
- Unless you love cleaning, don’t try to tackle everything in one day! Pick one thing to clean each day for just 5-10 minutes.
- Round up all your cleaning supplies into a bucket or caddy. Then you can just grab and go when you have a minute to clean.
- Coffee is a non-negotiable for me. To keep your morning cup tasting fresh, fill up the chamber with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar and run a brewing cycle. Brew 3 pots of clear water to make sure all the vinegar is rinsed out. Then wash the carafe with Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap.
- Someone in our house (not naming names) always forgets to cover leftover spaghetti with a lid. Sound familiar? Fill a microwave safe bowl with water and a sliced up lemon. Microwave for about 3 minutes so the water boils, then let the steam sit in the microwave for another 5 minutes. The steam will loosen gunk and food so you can easily wipe it away with a sponge!
- While you’re busy tidying up, toss your old sponges. Replace them with these Grove Collaborative walnut scrubber sponges, which are made from crushed walnuts! To keep them fresh, toss them in the dishwasher once a week on the top rack.
- You’ve been snuggled up on the couch all winter, but now your pillows and cushions could use some freshening up. Try this DIY fabric spray: 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 5-10 drops of essential oil, and water in your Grove Collaborative spray bottle.
- Indoor crafts, snacks, and slushy boots can leave lots of mystery stains on the carpet. We learned this trick from our carpet installer: Mix one tablespoon of Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap into a cup of hot water. Dip a white rag into the solutions and blot it into the stain.
Bonus tip: While you’re tidying up, don’t forget to stock up on essential supplies like toilet paper and paper towels. Grove Collaborative delivers the best natural household products from Seventh Generation, Method, Mrs. Meyer’s and more right to your door. So easy!
- A change of seasons calls for a change of scents. Put out a pretty new hand soap (I love Mrs. Meyer’s lilac) and a fresh towel. As a bonus, this Mrs. Meyer’s soap adds a pretty pop of spring color to your countertop.
- There’s nothing worse than cleaning the drain (ick!), so pour a pot of boiling water down the drain and let it do the hard work instead.
- After all that cleaning, there’s nothing better than a relaxing shower — but mineral deposits can slow your water pressure to a trickle. Soak a few paper towels with vinegar and wrap them around the shower head, covering all the spray nozzles. Leave the paper towels overnight, then remove them and run the water to rinse.
Don’t forget, this offer from Grove Collaborative ends March 19 so grab your free spring set now!
When you place your first Grove order of $20, you’ll get a free seasonal kit to help you get a jumpstart on your spring cleaning. Here’s what’s included:
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s Spring Hand Soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s Spring Dish Soap
- Free Grove Collaborative Walnut Scrubber Sponges
- Free Grove Collaborative Glass Spray Bottle
- Free Shipping & 60 Day VIP Trial
If you’re already a customer, you’ll receive a Grove Collaborative Spray Bottle for free - perfect for making your own fresh scented cleaner!