Well. Yep. I signed up to participate in NaBloPoMo via BlogHer. The challenge? Write EVERY day. Yikes. I am so afraid of commitment (in EVERY aspect of my life). Well. It's actually DEADLINES that I can't do. Wait. Nope, it's both commitment and deadlines. I don't like them. I must have a disorder that gives me such a strong aversion to commitment and deadlines. If I have to do it, I will procrastinate because I have to. I have always been a wee bit of a rebel. The quiet rebel but a rebel nonetheless. So, why am I signing up? Well, I love a challenge (although I do get bored very easily!) and I want to improve my writing skills on my lil ol' blog here *Scarlet O'Hara style*.
I love the fact that there are writing prompts daily to help spark the ol' creativity bulb.
The writing prompt for today is:
Who is your favourite character of all time?
That is such a hard one! For those who know me, you know my list is long and wide and changes daily. How about my favourite character right meow? The character(s) du jour are:
1. Gus and Call from the Lonesome Dove saga. Their friendship is beautiful. Two guys who have loved, lost, and seen it all as Texas rangers. When Gus dies and Call makes the long trip- I bawl. I bawl like a big baby. I have goosebumps while I write this.
2. Emma Woodhouse. Emma will always be one of my favorite Jane Austen characters. So much so, I named my daughter after her! No lies!
3. Sirantha Jax from the Jax Series by Ann Aguirre. Sirantha's relationship with March is beautiful, problematic, broken and perfect. They are my Darcy and Elizabeth in outerspace.
4. Ronan Dex from Stargate Atlantis. He's played by Jason Momoa. Enough said.
5. Tyrion from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series. He's snarky. He's a dwarf. He's smart. He's perfect.
6. Captain Mal from Firefly/Serenity. He's snarky. He's a captain. He's smart. He's perfect. He's NATHAN-Muthafuggin'-Fillion. *sighs dreamily and going all fangirlish up in here*
7. Gandalf. There's just something about a wizard.
Ummm... I will leave it there. See? That's a problem. SEVEN favorite favorite characters and it could change tomorrow. Actually, it will change tomorrow. Now you understand WHY I am a hoarder.
Are you participating? If so, let me know because I would LOVE to read your posts!