All About Blogging...
Bah. I've been playing around with PicMonkey and basically I suck at it. Ha Ha Ha. Don't worry, I will get better.
So, I've been blogging since 2006. Holy cow. 2006. That's crazy. I ventured into blogging with a very nonchalant attitude and have been very casual in my approach. I let this blog go to the wayside while I was returning back to working full time and still finishing my education. Now, that I returned, I have been taking my blogging much more seriously and treating it as a professional venture. Now, I am and always will be a casual kind of person but I struggle with maintaining my personality, struggle with blah moods, and keeping up with my posts. That's something I am working on BUT here are my thoughts on blogging and how to grow your readership, traffic and community.
1. Join linkups and leave meaninful comments.
2. Don't give up if people don't return the comment love. A lot don't. However, the right linkups will be full of nice and chatty people.
3. Promote your blog. Shamelessly.
4. Don't be afraid to monetize.
5. Back to #1- leave meaningful comments on other blogs and also, leave a link to your blog. I despise form comments that say "OMG! Great blog! Come follow me! link". I had one comment left like that on a serious post (about my daughter's brain injury). I deleted it and will never visit that person's blog.
6. Pinterest is gold.
7. Facebook is starting to fall by the wayside for fan pages unless you are a big brand. They're wanting you to pay to promote. Fahhhhgettaboutit.
8. Anything you would like to add?
9. Get rid of Captcha. It does NOTHING for preventing spam but what is DOES do, it annoys potential readers/commenters who become irritated by Captcha and they won't comment. I know I move on. Read the conversation about Captcha here
I am still learning, growing and adapting. This is always a work in progress and as I learn something new, I will share!