This Philly Cheesesteak Macaroni & Cheese recipe is sponsored by Annie's Homegrown but as always, all my tasty opinions are mine!
I think this is a truth that is universally known- macaroni & cheese is the ultimate comfort food. Pasta- check. Cheese- check. Warm- check. Lately, I have been obsessed with making macaroni & cheese twists and this Philly Cheesesteak Macaroni & Cheese just may be the end all be all.
I mean, my green chile pork macaroni & cheese was bomb.
Chili mac is to die for.
Why NOT Philly Cheesesteak Mac & Cheese? And let's make it even better by taking it to the next level and using Annie's Homegrown Certified Organic shells and cheese, grass fed ground beef, organic bell peppers and onions. Oh and all in one pan.
So much win in one meal.
My daughter said that I was the "best cooker everrrrrr" when she tried this. *Pats myself on the back*
Recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Macaroni & Cheese
1 lbs grass fed ground beef
1 each, sliced/chopped up: green bell pepper and a red bell pepper (use all green, if you want!)
1/2 sliced onion, white
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp Montreal Steak seasoning
2 boxes of Annie's Homegrown Certified Organic shells & white cheddar mac & cheese (they're 6 ounce boxes)
1. I used a chili pan, so I can do this all in one pot.
2. Brown ground beef.
3. Add peppers, onion, garlic and seasoning. Allow to cook another minute.
4. Add shells with out the cheese to the pan (leave the cheese packs separate)
5. Pour enough broth to JUST cover the contents of the pan and bring to a boil.
6. Cover and lower heat to medium-low, let simmer 12 minutes
7. Remove cover, all liquid should be absorbed but if not, drain a little bit of it off.
8. Add cheese packets and milk (per box instructions) and mix well.
Also- here's my FIRST attempt at a video recipe. I am PRETTY excited and although I had some technical difficulties- I can't wait to make more and create better videos!
Do you buy Annie's Homegrown products? Which is your favorite?
What do you like to mix in with your mac & cheese?
Annie's Homegrown wants organic for every bunny! Watch this video- it's AWESOME! Seriously, how cute is it?