Did I tell you that I just started a new job in January? I was working for a start up and it was taking its toll on me and the lack of benefits made the decision to look for another position crucial. I am working just a few miles from home and I love it. It's kicking my tail end BUT I am saving a ton of money on gas AND food.
Previously, I was getting up at 4:30 am, taking a shower and getting Em up at 5:30 am to take her shower and help get her ready for the day. Her bus comes at 6:45 am and as soon as she was on the bus, I was racing off to work and hitting a drive thru. I was exhausted and spending sooo much money on gas (I drove 45 minutes-1 hour each way, most days), grabbing coffee and breakfast and then again lunch. I was scrambling with finding time and was just tired. Now, I don't need to leave home until 8:15 am.
It's GLORIOUS. I am able to drink a cup of coffee and eat breakfast. I also have time to work on my blog, read a bit and just relax. Ahhhh.
I haven't sat at home with a cup of coffee in a long time. I have forgotten how relaxing it is. Just yesterday, I sat on my back patio and just relaxed. I recently found International Delight Simply Pure creamer at Walmart and I am in love. Simply Pure creamer contains just five ingredients (including real cream, milk and sugar) and comes in three flavors: Vanilla, Hazelnut and Caramel. I love the smooth taste and is perfect with my morning cuppa joe!
Speaking of breakfast.
I made an AMAZING breakfast sandwich.
Y'all are going to go insane for it.
I made an incredibly scrumptious Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. You can whip it up sooooo fast and have a delicious breakfast with your cuppa!
Oh yeah. I also made it with International Delight Simply Pure Creamer in Vanilla.
WHAT?! Yes. Yes that just happened.
Be prepared to make mouths super happy.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Vanilla Creamer (if you don't have any, you can use milk and vanilla extract)
Cream cheese, room temperature and softened
Vanilla creamer (again, you can use milk & vanilla extract)
1. Whisk together eggs and vanilla creamer. (I used 1 egg + splash of creamer for every two slices of bread). Set aside.
2. Preparing the cream cheese filling by blending together one 8 oz block of cream cheese (softened), a splash of creamer and powdered sugar (I used 1/4 cup of powdered sugar) until well blended with a hand or stand mixer.
3. Spread cream cheese in layers on one side of bread (I used French bread) and spread a layer of blueberry preserves. Top with the other slice of bread.
4. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture (Get your hands messy!) and make sure each side is covered in egg mixture.
5. Place in preheated and oiled pan (over medium heat) and cook until each side is beautifully, golden brown.
6. Enjoy. You can sprinkle powdered sugar and serve with fresh blueberries.
Of course, pour a cup of hot coffee with it!
How do YOU enjoy your morning cup of coffee?
What is your favorite way to start your day?
Like this recipe?
Pin it. Share it with your friends!